Wednesday 28 September 2011

Art From The Heart


Back in my (sorely missed) High School years, I was always a massive fan of the creative subjects like Art and Graphic Design. Maths would never quite sink in, I spoke French in my German oral exam, and all my Science teacher could say in my end of term report was that I had 'really lovely eyelashes'. But deep down in my heart there was always a little soft spot for Art and Design, a talent which I pray I still maintain as that's pretty much all I've got. Art and fashion have always shared a common bond, an almost symbiotic relationship, and in the contemporary fashion world we can distinctly witness this revolution and fusion of the two entities. The colours and textures used within many famous pieces of both vintage and modern art can be linked with the boundaries of fashion design. Besides the art of fashion photography, which has provided some of the most amazing images ever taken, fashion can also be said to have inspired many artists in the same way that designers are inspired to create beautiful clothing. Here I have gathered together a collection of just some of my favourite art-inspired outfits.

Lord Frederic Leighton

Claude Monet

Rosie The Riveter


Adolphe - William Bougueraeu

T
Thomas Eakins


Pablo Picasso

Mistinguett


Salvador Dali

Gustav Klimt

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec


Georgia O'Keeffe

Roy Lichtenstein


M.C. Escher

Theodore Gericault


Charley Harper


Joseph Mallord William Turner

Ric Stultz


Degas


L'Instant Taittinger


Lawrence Yang


Alphonse Mucha


Quint Buchholz


French Revolution Poster


Vincent Van Gogh


Salvador Dali


Rembrandt

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete